Thursday, February 18, 2010

WHAT IS ENLIGHTENMENT ANYWAY?

     I am amazed by all of the different definitions or schools of thought around this subject that I have found while searching or myself. Enlightenment has been a subject of human interest forever. It spans all spiritual and religious belief systems, all continents, and throughout all of time. In my pursuit of knowledge it is clear to me that I went through a  process or progression of events that led to discovering the information and tools that I needed, and continue to need, which are leading me in my spiritual path of discovery.


     Basically, I knew that my life was a mess and I had been trying to change my thought patterns, get rid of past emotional baggage, shed the anger, etc. for years! All without making any real lasting progress. The depression and anxiety just kept getting worse. I finally realized that I needed to take a step back, examine where I was going wrong, and begin to fix it. Now, just to clarify....My life is really a lot like most peoples lives in that I have a career and a good job, I have my family, friends and after divorce, an occasional romantic interest here and there. Like anyone else's life I had my ups and downs but I was 'Miserable' 'Stressed Out' 'Emotionally Unavailable' and lost regarding what to do about it.


      For a long time I just focused on ways to make more money because I kept thinking that financial freedom was the answer to all of my problems. Well, although financial freedom would prove to play a huge part in my process and it is every person's birthright to have and be everything that they want (more about that in another post), it was not ‘The Answer'.

     I tried learning all about investing and even invested and just like everyone else, I lost money but, I also made some as well, so it was not all in vain. However, the turning point for me was when I realized that I absolutely had to examine myself on a very deep level and figure out what I really wanted to do, who I really am, and what my purpose in life is.

     In other words, I needed to know how I could be my best and use it to help and serve others, while accepting and receiving all that I could from the source that created me....


      In other words, I created a reality from what was already within me by slowing down, looking within, and reconnecting to ‘My Source'.


      This was not easy, but, here is how it started. Because of all of the stress that I felt, it was very difficult to focus on anything but fear and worry about what I was going to do about it. I had to find a way to slow down my thought process and stop that cycle.

     I didn't want the traditional tedious meditation techniques that I felt too overwhelmed with. I was able to find a few different audio relaxation and guided meditation audios, but the most interesting and intriguing one for me used NLP and Brain Wave Entrainment technology. The reason that I chose to try it is because it just made sense to me. It's like reconfiguring your brain to function better. Who doesn't want that?!


     I was able to slow down my thought processes and begin to regain control of my life by using it to calm my mind and alleviate stress at the end of the day. I also noticed that my brain was processing information better and I felt smarter.

     When I was ready to move on, I began using other meditation programs/audios that incorporated the same technology. I noticed that I was more interested in spiritual things and different subjects like quantum physics, enlightenment, yoga, various belief systems and how they are similar, prophecies throughout the ages and cultures, energy healing.... The list goes on and on.


      Through this process over many months, I have come to understand within myself there is great potential and power to understand myself and others, heal myself and others, and create the life that I truly desire.

     The conclusion is that for me, Enlightenment is discovering a union with one's higher Self, which is eternally and inseverably connected to the earth, every living thing, the elements, the universe and everything in it, each other, and the ONE, "whoever that is to you".

     To be enlightened is to be very much in tune with the truth and with the manifested creation we are all a part of. The enlightenment I am writing about refers to permanent happiness and fulfillment, even if the enlightenment only occurs in fleeting moments of recognition at first.

    It refers to overcoming trials and tribulations through focus of intention, knowledge of creations process, and our own ability to participate in that process. It is letting go of judgments, criticism, resentment, and hatred.


      It is allowing yourself to be who you are and allowing others to be who they are and loving anyway.


      "A foolish consistency is the hobgoblin of little minds, adored by little statesmen and philosophers and divines. With consistency a great soul has simply nothing to do. He may as well concern himself with his shadow on the wall. Speak what you think now in hard words, and tomorrow speak what
tomorrow thinks in hard words again, though it contradict every thing you said today. 
     - ‘Ah, so you shall be sure to be misunderstood.'-Is it so bad, then, to be misunderstood? Pythagoras was misunderstood, and Socrates, and Jesus, and Luther, and Copernicus, and Galileo, and Newton, and every pure and wise spirit that ever took flesh. To be great is to be misunderstood." Paulo Cuelho...


     I am amazed on a daily basis by this process. There is constant proof, through many different media sources and encounters, from the Universe and my Higher Self, that I am on the right path.


       If you are just beginning to explore this for yourself, do not be overwhelmed and know that we are living in a time where there is an acceleration of all processes taking place as we approach what many are calling the great shift. Wake up! Find your light and your journey begin! Create your new life!


Prosperity, Peace, and Love to all...
Aniell : )










QUANTUM MIND POWER
Retrain Your Brain