Thursday, February 25, 2010

THE IMPORTANCE OF KNOWING YOUR LIFE'S PURPOSE

First let's talk about just exactly what it really means to know your Life Purpose. I love this quote because it is a summary of what knowing my life purpose means for me....


 "There is one great truth on this planet: whoever you are, or whatever it is that you do, when you really want something, it's because that desire originated in the soul of the universe. It's your mission on earth... And when you want something, all the universe conspires in helping you to achieve it." ~ from The Alchemist: A Fable About Following Your Dream... Paulo Coelho

    Are you getting the idea that I like the works of Paulo Coelho yet? I guess after I have quoted him 3 times now, this would be a safe assumption. : ) It talks about a passion for what I do. Finding that activity that I love to do and knowing that it's right because the universe is opening doors all around me to help me achieve my dreams and goals. Ultimately, culminating in fulfilling my ‘mission', all that I agreed to accomplish as a human being on this earth.

-------------------------------------------------------------
-------------------------------------------------------------
    For most people, that all seems nice on paper but impossible to turn into any kind of practical reality. Work is just work and a job is a job. Most people don't have the energy, much less the time to pursue such fantasies. Everyone has busy lives / schedules / family obligations / chores...busy, busy, busy....Until one day perhaps, if one is willing to allow themselves the courage to be just a little bit self nurturing, there is the realization that this "Can't Be All There Is"......Or worse, if a person keeps pushing away and ignoring desires long enough, they may become depressed, angry, bitter, miserable human beings, with all kinds of regret for not doing something about it. Sometimes, the universe itself will intervene to try and steer the person in the right direction, by creating all kinds of obstacles, until they finally listen to the voice within and pursue the right course of action.

    Is any of this resonating with you? Are you experiencing any of those situations? I did, all of the above. I had a decent J.O.B. I made decent money, but I was to the point of having the life sucked out of me every single day, with no energy left over for anything else. I was miserable and questioning everything, but I kept ignoring all the signals and nudges to look at what was really happening. Finally, the universe kicked my ass and I started losing my jobs, in what to me, were the most bizarre ways. I had to become immersed in finding my true passion and purpose. 

    Remember the above quote?..... I had a real desire for change in my life throughout that whole chain of events. I wanted more time to spend on the things that were important to me, like taking better care of my body, eating healthier, spending more quality time with family and developing better relationships with them. Working on my own personal growth and improvement, making more money so I could be more, do more, and have more.... "The desire that originated in the soul of the universe". Well, I wasn't going to accomplish any of it by staying where I was. I needed to open to my purpose and listen, to find the mission of my desire. To find that special talent inside of me that would be of value to others. In my mind I can't think of anything with greater value than what I am doing. Not because of some sense of self importance, but because this is my purpose. I love doing this. Writing about my passion and helping others find their way too. I can't imagine what would have happened if I had not finally become self nurturing or what some may have considered  a ‘Mid-Life Crisis'.

    I do know this. Since turning this corner in my life, I have found a new sense of belonging, a renewed energy to be creative, and a new sense of fulfillment. I am alive and hopeful instead of exhausted and downright miserable. I am more grateful and appreciate all that I perceive as good. I believe in myself again.....

    I'm not saying that everyone will have the same experience, because everyone will have the experience that is unique to them. I am saying that for many, there are similarities, because that is human nature, the thread that connects us all together. I am saying that if you can relate to this and you do not know your purpose, listen to your desire and the universe will conspire to help you. Your mission was established before you came to earth. Every single one of us has a talent that will produce something of value to others. Why not use it to be fulfilled and happy? What's stopping you?


Prosperity, Light, and Love to all...
Aniell


   

 




INTUITION ZONE
Experience Your Inner Compass At Work Within You!