- Know what you like (what are your hobbies and activities outside of work?).
- Know what you don't like (what are the things that you absolutely cannot tolerate?).
- Is there something that excites you for no reason or something that you could spend hours on and not know where the time went because you were so "into" it?
- Know your strengths (what are you good at? What do people compliment you on?).
- Know you weaknesses (what things do you need to work on or know that you just simply cannot do?).
- Know what you want in your future (what are some of your goals?)
- What do you want to be remembered for?
Take some time to think about these things and write them down. Even if you hate to do that, believe me, it's worth taking the time to do. It will actually give you the foundation that you need to find out what your life's purpose is. Then take a few days to think about the things that you wrote down. Revise and tweek them, so that they are very specific and detailed.
Most methods of the process of finding your life's purpose are similar, in that there is a progression of self examination techniques, questions, and problem solving exercises that are needed. The process can take some time, many days or weeks. Or it could just come to you as an epiphany, an AHA moment of clarity, if you are open and connected to your higher self. Be patient. After all we are talking about something that will impact the rest of your life.
It would be impossible for me to explain the entire process and all of the methods in one short forum post however, the above list is a place to start. If you are beyond that point and need more guidance, there are many good programs that can lead you through the process.
Just remember that this process can involve many aspects of your development as a person. Use of meditation, relaxation techniques, subliminal programs for changing unwanted beliefs, EFT, NLP, quantum consciousness, Law of Attraction, or even a Life Coach may be helpful to you in your quest. Another point to think about is that as you grow and evolve, whatever you have chosen to do in the process, may change. It may grow into something that you never even dreamed of when first exploring the possibilities. The important thing is to find out what the foundation of your journey will be and then 'follow the yellow brick road' so to speak.... : }
Love and Light to all....
Experience Your Inner Compass At Work Within You!